CD Buner : How I did that?
The idea to capture this shot illustrating visual pun was playing in my mind from many days. I was unable to find the way to execute it without any accident & damage. I am not a great photoshop expert so it was not easy for me. Finally I did it using multiple exposure trick. I had used it very first time & really enjoyed it.
The details about the procedure are as:
1. I placed a paper in the background & on a box with my CD/DVD driver on it.
2. I used a flash for background on camera left while another flash on camera right, light bouncing from a white foam adding fill light to object. The flash were fired by using wireless trigger units.
3. I used a 10 sec exposure with camera on tripod.
4. I put on the timer & took my first exposure with flash light.
5. For avoiding fire drag after flash firing I blocked the lens with black piece , meanwhile the flame generated by camphor tablets on a spoon was moved on CD. then I removed black piece. During this period camera lens was blocked so no exposure.
6. Before removing that I have holed ND + tobacco filter in front of lens too avoid overexposure in the fire. The fire was moved all over the place & completed second exposure.
Don't worry everything is safe. Anyway I was playing with old CD/DVD burner.Thanks to my wife for assisting me to complete the shot. Many of you might be knowing this trick but I did it first time & excited about it. Hope you will like this :)
No comments posted.
Recent PostsMy Publications on National Geographic Magazine (NGM) Website Emulsion Art Exhibition After One Year Article on "Me & My Photography" Published Photon 2013 Photography Exhibition Developing Photography Skills 6 Days in Kenya Portraiture:Face Category Winner BPOY 2012 !! Guide for Buying a Camera My New Website !